Dell Inspiron 1300 and BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction. I've been reading these forums, and googling for information, but I can't seem to quite find the information I need, so I thought I'd create this post.

My laptop is a four year old Dell Inspiron 1300 running Windows XP. I get a blue screen of death message, which is

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203.....) I've found the rest of the numbers are unique. I get this in all the modes, i.e. safe mode,last known good, etc. It won't start XP

I started with running 'memtest', which was the first tip I read, and let that run overnight going through eight cycles. It found no issues
I've used the Laptops own utilities to analyse the hard disk, and it found no errors
I downloaded Linux, ran it from CD, and recovered all my files to a portable hard disk

I have no Windows XP disk, I have no boot disk. I read about the Dell and the hidden restore option (ctrl F11), however when I do this I get the message 'Cannot restore'

I have an image of my laptop from when it was new on a DVD, so what I'd like to do is to reformat my laptop, and install the image. However, I don't seem to be able to find an option or command to do this, so I was hoping someone here could help

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back