Dell Inspiron 9300 won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!
I am glad I found you guys as I am having a major crisis. My 4 year old Dell Inspiron 9300 will not boot in either normal mode or safe mode. Earlier today, my laptop was running slow, so I had to shut it down restart it. When it started to boot, a blue STOP ERROR screen came up, with code 0X0000000A (0X00000000, 0X00000001, 0X00000002, 0X804F9D26). So I tried to restart it again, it went to the black screen where i could choose to start computer in safe mode. But somehow, no matter which mode i start my computer in, it ends up at the same blue death screen with the same information.
Can someone tell me how to fix this. I have not installed any hardware or software. I run Windows XP with service pack 2.
Thank you in advance!!

Have you installed any software lately?
Any hardware/software upgrades that may have caused this?
You should try to boot using "Use the Last Known Good Configuration feature".
If that doesn't work, you should try the recovery console.

No hardware or software has been recently installed or upgraded. I tried the "Use the last known good configuration feature", brought me to the same blue screen. Also tried to select recovery console. i got a black screen with flashing cursor. I wasn't able to type anything. The computer was making beeping sound whenever I tapped on the keyboard.

BTW, the safe mode stuck at mup.sys.

The beep sound came up when i was in the windows recovery console. It only beeped when I tried to type in the recovery console. Sorry for the confusion.

No, I wasn't confused about the beeps, it was just another thought that is sometimes overlooked.
Since your computer can't start, you might want to try removing memory, 1 module at a time, to see if you can isolate the problem (if it is your memory).

Since you can't start your computer, there are't really many options. Removing RAM doesn't take much skill. You should take it to a computer repair shop and have them diagnose it if you're not sure about it..

Unfortunately, my laptop didn't come with a cd. Is there somewhere I can download one for Windows XP Media Center Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back