Dell inspiron e1705 BIOS Master Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a laptop for school on craigslist and there I need the BIOS password because the computer wont boot. I have no idea who the original owner is so I cant change the ownership the service tag is #12D24D1-595B What can I do does anyone know how to get the master password?

threads

I already went to those pages, none of those downloads work and there wasnt any information on my system, and like i said I cant do a change of ownership because I dont know who owned it originally, any other suggestion.... if someone could give me good downloads i would be more than happy to try those out

The reason I sent you to those pages was to help you understand that support is not offered for passwords here. I can't tell you how many users try, but we have no way of knowing if the request is legitimate or not. Your only alternative is to ask the person you purchased it from on craigslist or contact Dell.

gee, joshh916

Could you explain the likelihood of someone buying a computer from a stranger on craigslist and turning over the cash without ever first bothering to turn it on and even see how well it works?

Or likelihood of someone who just stole it?

In the one case you made an incredibily stupid mistake. Or in the other case you think we'll help any anonymous person with any claim about the computer needing a password. (and, believe me, we've seen them all on here)

In either case, you won't be gettin any help here. Sorry

so youre a disshonest person and think everyone is as disshonest as you so you dont want to help them out, good morals

josh916

Learn from your mistake. (Whichever applies, it was a dumb mistake. We all make 'em. We all learn from 'em)

Sorry joshh916, we no longer offer help with BIOS passwords beyond the thread strategic linked you to. As mentioned, your best bet is to contact Dell, and if they cannot help, perhaps you'll have better luck on another forum or with a local repair technician.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back