Dell Inspiron laptop restarting randomly

It's not overheating or anything like that. I have no idea what the problem could be. It shuts down without warning or apparent reason, and then restarts itself. I paid hundreds of dollars to have it fixed after my OS was corrupted (so I'm out of warranty, obviously) and I've had this problem ever since I got it back. I absolutely CANNOT afford to have anything else done. The only thing that's different is there's a new hard drive, which is quite a bit smaller than the original (250gigs down to 100gigs), and there's a new OS (windows vista to windows 7). Some days it will restart itself several times, and other days not at all. It also runs kinda slow and freezes for short periods of time, but I'm assuming that's due to the smaller hard drive.
EDIT: I also forgot to add that every now and then I will get a blue screen before it restarts. However I'm not sure what it says because it always goes away before I have a chance to read it. It has only happened a few times, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

When the computer starts back up, I get this notification telling me that "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" and this info:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 00000003
BCP2: 870DF530
BCP3: 870DF69C
BCP4: 82A61D60
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081111-47049-01.dmp
C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-70…

It's a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop running Windows 7.

Attachments

• 081111-47049-01.dmp
    143 KB · Views: 1
Okay no wonder I found klif.sys (a component of Kaspesrky) as cause of this crash.

I would suggest you to un-install of Kaspersky AV and reboot your system to complete un-installation.

There are several free alternatives available, which include Avast, AVG, MSE which can do the job for you.

I can only advise on the basis of what I can interpret from your minidump (although it is better to provide multiple dumps to ensure that right suspect has been identified). So it is your personal choice what you want to do with the advice.

Back