Dell keyboard keeps skipping

SHPIA

My dell laptop seems to have a glitch in the keyboard. I've had my laptop for several years and this problem has persisted ever since I purchased it. I'll begin typing and all of a sudden, the cursor moves to a different location and continues to type. I've researched this problem and have tried the different tips (disable enhanced mouse precision; making sure I'm not touching the mouse pad) to no avail. Any suggestions on correcting this?

Thanks

At the risk of repeating what you may have tried, does the same thing happen if you plug in an external Keyboard into a USB port?
Does the the same thing happen in all types of application, Word, Notepad, online?
Have you tried this program;- http://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/

Thanks, Mike. Yes, the problem persists in multiple applications. I downloaded the program that you recommended and so far, so good. I will continue to monitor it. Thank you for your help.

No problem. I have heard of this problem before on an Advent laptop, the touchpad buttons were 'clicking' at random, as well as the cursor moving around. So I tried the Touchfreeze program, and it worked in that case.

Back