My cursor keeps clicking by itself, and my keyboard sometimes types random things from the numpad

Joi spoi

I've been using my PC quite a bit recently, and just yesterday my mouse and keyboard started acting up. My mouse cursor keeps on clicking by itself, even a few minutes after I've disconnected the mouse from the computer. My keyboard also sometimes types random things from the numpad. I haven't noticed it using any other keys than "89-+" so far. I've tried all the fixes that I could think of and read online I.e updating my mouse driver, updating windows 10 to the newest version, checking for programs like teamviewer and running a malware scan. I've also tried uninstalling my mouse and restarting my PC afterward, but nothing has helped so far. It's also extremely inconsistent. Sometimes my mouse will work fine for an hour or two, but sometimes it'll keep clicking and become outright unusable. I've also tried to switch my mouse out for a different one, but that didn't work either. So it isn't my mouse that's broken, but something else. I haven't tried switching out my keyboard mainly because I don't have another keyboard to use. If you have any idea what could be wrong, have any possible fixes to share, or if you require any more information then please let me know.

Wireless mouse/keyboard? Battery? Receiver?

After checking that out, consider that a left mouse click is actually just an electrical signal which the system encodes/decodes - so what could generate fake or erroneous signals? Bad wire, bad connection or bad software, so at this point I would try changing keyboard and then try confirming that system software is good.

Microsoft offers this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Edit: I will add this nice article which refers to a Windows 10 update issue.

Last edited:
Wireless mouse/keyboard? Battery? Receiver?

After checking that out, consider that a left mouse click is actually just an electrical signal which the system encodes/decodes - so what could generate fake or erroneous signals? Bad wire, bad connection or bad software, so at this point I would try changing keyboard and then try confirming that system software is good.

Microsoft offers this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Edit: I will add this nice article which refers to a Windows 10 update issue.

My mouse and keyboard are both wired. I tried a different wireless mouse but it had the same issues. I've already tried everything from both of those links but neither of them worked. And as I said previously, I can't change keyboards because I don't own another one.

Try turning keyboard upside down and tapping the corners on a table top. Grungy stuff may fall out - and be a cure for the problem.

Also try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Otherwise, try the steps in the linked article:

Keyboards run about $20 and NewEgg & BH Photo have many and a good record on quick delivery.

Try turning keyboard upside down and tapping the corners on a table top. Grungy stuff may fall out - and be a cure for the problem.

Also try this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Otherwise, try the steps in the linked article:

Keyboards run about $20 and NewEgg & BH Photo have many and a good record on quick delivery.

As I said before, I already tried both of those links. I previously had some corrupted files but I managed to fix them by downloading a windows tool that updated my OS. I tried all the steps from the ugetfix article but nothing worked. I also already picked off all the keys on my keyboard and then used compressed air to clean out any grime. The keyboard issue isn't very regular or problematic though. It's mainly the mouse issue. But I have absolutely no clue what the issue might be.

Important information to note is that my mouse doesn't even have to be connected to my computer for the cursor to click on something. And whenever it's not connected, my keyboard starts acting up a lot more frequently.

Perhaps if using mouse only and disconnecting keyboard resolves it, then you have the culprit. There is an encoder/decoder in the keyboard and it may have fritzed out. It may not be a mouse issue.

Perhaps if using mouse only and disconnecting keyboard resolves it, then you have the culprit. There is an encoder/decoder in the keyboard and it may have fritzed out. It may not be a mouse issue.

I'll try that out the next time they start acting up.

It seems like the keyboard is the main issue. My mouse has been fine for around eight hours after barely touching my keyboard, and the only time it's acted on its own is when I've had to type something. Thanks for the help.

Back