Dell Latitude D531 won't start

Hi All, I have a Dell Latitude D531 that stopped booting last week. When you press the power button, the lights/indicators turn on and you can hear the HDD spin up but only for a couple seconds and then it shuts off. No error beeps, the screen never turns on I think because it happens so fast.

I have tried starting it with and with out the battery with the same results. I am thinking maybe it is a dead fan?? and the system doesn't start to keep it from over heating?

Please let me know if anyone has any troubleshooting ideas. Thanks, Dan

Hi Bartosh, I did not take it apart. all that I have tried is to take the battery out and the hard drive out. Held the power button for a minute, then plugged back in (with no battery or hdd) and hit the power button again. Same this, turns on for a second or 2 and then turns off.

Let me know if you have any other ideas??

Thanks, Dan

dude, my problem is resolved, the power supply was faulty. i changed it to a different one and was fine.
check it mate ;)

Hi Bartosh, sorry for the late reply. I ended up buys a new computer for my wife to replace this one. Was it difficult to replace the power supply? Where did you get yours? I am interested in doing the same to try to revive my Latitude.

Thanks for your help. Ddeo

hi man
no it wasn't . a friend of mine had the same one, so i got it to trouble shoot first, then i ordered one from the net. before u buy anything u have to check first ur prob maybe slighly different, u never know ;)

Back