Dell Latitude E6400 BSOD

jgarreola79

Have a remote user receiving these BSOD. Dump on 5/5/2011 points to avast and have suggested a reinstall after using avast clear utility to completlely remove. I've seen this issue on a few Latitude E6400's on the update to Avast Pro 6 from Avast Pro 4.

The dumps on 5/9 and 5/12 may point to a memory issue and wil have user come in to do a memory test. Any other insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Mini050511-01.zip
    85.4 KB · Views: 3
As per your dumps the issue is with the Avast 6 drivers aswSP.sys and aswMon2.sys. Now normally Avast is a very stable software but people appear to be having issues with version 6.0.1091 and that the newer version 6.0.1125 seems to be stable.

See this link: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=77591.0

* If you continue to have issues I suggest going directly to the Avast forums. It is friendly, helpful, and will respond in a very decent time. Please keep us updated.

That is exactly what I thought. I know Avast has given my users issues and have had to downgrade to Pro 5 to get the BSOD corrected. Hopefully the update to 6.0.1125 helps. Any clue on the ntoskrnl errors?

Any clue on the ntoskrnl errors?

ntoskrnl is a core Windows OS driver. The thing about OS drivers is that they are usually too general to be of much diagnostic help. They function by saying there is a problem without actually pointing out what the problem is. There are a few exceptions like the ones that have to do with networking/internet connection but ntoskrnl isn't one of them.

Please do us a favor and let us know if you gain stability with the latest Avast version. That information will be be most helpful. Thanks.

Back