Dell Optiplex GX150 video card issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

This is my first post ever, so thank you in advance for helping us people that don't have a clue. I recently bought 2 Nancy Drew games and tried to install them. I was prompted with an error message, that I needed Windows XP with Service Pack 2. So I upgraded my system to the correct version of XP. The games installed, but when I try to play them I got this error message:

Error Code ND-12121
---------------------------
The video card in this computer does not meet the minimum requirements to run the game. Outdated video cards may need to be replaced with new hardware. Nancy Drew: Legend of the Crystal Skull requires a 32MB video card that is DirectX 9.0 and 32-bit color compatible. To resolve this issue, please contact your computer or video card manufacturer to download new drivers or update the video card. For additional assistance, please contact technical support at techsupport@herinteractive.com.
---------------------------

My drivers are all updated and my current card says it's 32 mb. Maybe it just isn't Directx 9.0 compatible? I have tried to find a card for my Optiplex 150, but am having trouble. I bought one card off Ebay, that is too small and will not fit. Is there a card out there for my old computer?

Here is the DxDiag info that I ran, for info on my current graphics card:

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) 82815 Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation)
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82815
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1132&SUBSYS_00BE1028&REV_02
Display Memory: 32.0 MB
Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (16 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: i81xdnt5.dll
Driver Version: 6.13.0001.3198 (English)
DDI Version: 8
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/4/2004 01:56:44, 702845 bytes

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again!

BMW82207

ummmmm,

why not run DxDiag and post ALL of its results rather then selective

Run -> Start -> DxDiag

Wait for the progress bar in lower left to finish and disappear

Click Save All Information to create a txt file on your desktop containing all resutls.

Then attach the file to TechSpot post.

I did run the dxdiag

I thought the card info was all that was needed. I am just trying to find out what new card will fit my old Optiplex. This is the first video card issue I have ever been faced with. I have attached the entire document.

Thank You for your help

BMW82207

it is up to u to figure out what slots u have in the computer or read the information that came with the computer if u only have PCI slots then there is a thread at the top of this board that is talking about them. if otherwise then ask another question about the the slot type. I think that is a integrated video and u will need a card to play games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back