Dell XPS M1530 screen be funky

SBHack

I'm working with a Dell Xps M1530 that I was told had a black screen issue. I have booted and find the screen comes up normal except at the bottom. Along the bottom, the screen shows rays of light extending upward. As you can tell the system is Win 7 Prof. I am wondering if replacing the inverter should take care of this or would the screen be necessary to correct the problem? I believe the inverter is failing when it gets hot, causing the black screen issue and the light ray appearance may be related to it as well but I don't want to replace the one item and need two. I also don't want money to be spent if it isn't needed.
I tried to attach a photo but at 1.87mb, it is too large.

Upload the pic somehow. Photobucket, imgur, etc.

Seems to me like the actual screen is damaged and you're seeing backlight bleed.

[FONT=Museo For Dell]Hi SBHack,[/FONT]
[FONT=Museo For Dell] [/FONT]
[FONT=Museo For Dell]Please click on the link below for a Dell article which guides you through troubleshooting steps for common issues with Video on Notebook LCD Screens. This will help you determine the possible point of failure and provide a possible resolution as well.[/FONT]
[FONT=Museo For Dell]http://dell.to/17Z3nds[/FONT]
[FONT=Museo For Dell]Let me know if further help is needed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Museo For Dell]Thanks and regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=Museo For Dell]Babita G[/FONT]
[FONT=Museo For Dell]#iworkforDell[/FONT]

[FONT=Museo For Dell]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our [/FONT][FONT=Museo For Dell]Support Site[/FONT]

Hi SBHack,

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post.

[FONT=Arial]Thanks and regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] Babita G
#iworkforDell [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Support Site[/FONT][FONT=Arial] .[/FONT]

Back