Dell XPS800 crashes with blue screen and BIOS error when playing CoD4 (any hi -res game)

Fazzz

Hi. I have recently had a virus on my pc that malwarebites found. After trying to remove it I gave up and phoned dell to get my pc reset to factory settings. After doing so I have been getting these crashes when playing hi res games such as CoD. First of all my fps drops very low. Then the game becomes VERY laggy. Then after that it crashes and I get a blue screen saying something like.

Windows has shut down to prevent damage, error detected in windows framework.

Upon rebooting I open up Event viewer and always see this message.

A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the SftService service

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it as it was an expensive PC and I really dont want to have to send it back to dell.

Cheers - Fazzz

*Edit* I have uploaded some pics of my cpu spec

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    43.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    30.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    48 KB · Views: 2
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    48.1 KB · Views: 2
Did you re-install all the Windows Updates after doing the factory restore? Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

Did you re-install all the Windows Updates after doing the factory restore? Are there any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?
I have just checked and there was 1 important windows update and 5 optional. The 1 important one being malicious software removal tool. Nothing that seems to be causing the problem.

Just got off the phone with a dell engineer. He tried re installing the network card. This has not fixed the problem and im still getting the BSOD

You can find your minidumps in the following directory. C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension.

You can select all the files, right-click ans send them to a compressed (zipped) folder and upload that folder here

Good job on posting all those minidumps :) They are all pretty much the same. Are you over-clocking? Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? Have you installed all the Windows Updates? The reason I'm asking all this is because the minidumps show general Windows instability only... What antivirus program are you running?

I ins
Good job on posting all those minidumps :) They are all pretty much the same. Are you over-clocking? Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager? Have you installed all the Windows Updates? The reason I'm asking all this is because the minidumps show general Windows instability only... What antivirus program are you running?
I installed all of the windows updates I had. This seemed to fix the problem for 3hours. Then it crashed again. I have re contacted dell and they insisted I opened up the machine, take out the graphics card (AMD Radion 6900 series), disconnect the white and black wires from the network card and put them back on. The problem being they would not go back on. They are sending out a engineer Tuesday to replace the graphics and network card.

In answer to your question. I am NOT over clocking and did not see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager. Also all drivers for the PC have been updated.

Okay, good luck :) Yes those wireless network antenna wires are a bit tricky to reconnect. You probably bent the connector socket on the wire side

Back