Desktop changing during log off & shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

dollhobbs

desktop resolution keeps changing when I shut down or log off, I have ran Norton Internet security 2009, SpyBot S&D and AdAware and they all say my PC is clean. Any ideas?

Any ideas???
Yeah, for starters, I wouldn't go by anything any of the security software you mention has to say...

Could you be a little clearer to the issue? ( I know what I assume but...) is the resolution better or worse when shutting down?

I normally have the res at 1920x1200 but lately when I relog in or boot up the res is at 1024x768 and I can't figure out why. This is the only issue I am having.

What type of graphics card/computer do you have?
Is this mode acceptable with your graphics card? If not, it may be reverting back to a mode that works.

Booted in and problem did not happen but I have 2x MSI 9800GT's in SLI and 1920x1200 is the native res. the pc is home built about 9 months ago (see specs). don.t know but hopefully it fixed itself?? LOL

I tried viewing your specs but there are none listed...
Maybe there was a temporary conflict with something (program running?)
Let us know if it happens again.;)

didn't help, it's really wierd because it doesn't do it everytime. Yesterday it started fine this morning it did it again. I did update the monitor drivers and reboot yesterday.

it did happens to me once, reverting to 1024x768 randomly. i think it fixes after i change to 3rd party driver, which is faster and less crappy.

P.S some drivers doesnt work well with certain setup. i have same card and same driver working well in intel mobo, and not working well in gigabyte mobo. i have to say, u may need to try more drivers.

I have been using this driver since it came out and this just started recently, maybe 2 weeks ago. I will try reverting to previous driver and see if that fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back