Desktop computer no longer connects to Internet

SturmScourge

Hello!

I have a network with about 5 computers on it, 4 wireless and 1 wired. The 1 wired computer hosts printers for the network. Yesterday, it stopped responding to the network, and no longer will connect to the internet. No changes have been made to the computer, and the other 4 wireless computers still have internet access, but cannot see the wired computer.

Under the Network and Sharing Center, it shows the computer connected to the network, but not through to the internet, and the printers are not accessible to the other computers. I've unplugged the cable and installed a wireless USB network adapter, and it too shows that the computer is connected to the network, but no connection to the internet, and no printer access to the other computers.

I tried restarting the computer, and restarting the LAN and DSL modem, as well as renewing the ipconfig without success.
I've pinged the card and it responds to 127.0.0.1 and 127.0.0.101. I tried to ping $gateway and got no response, but one of the working computers gave the same output (no response).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Franklin

Go for it and see if it works. McAfee virus protection . Can cause the problems you are having If this dose not work post back.

Back