Desktop randomly freezes/locks up and restarts PC

Alright so, i am usin Win xp SP2 32 bit, to start it off. I bought this pc off a friend, it runs good other than the random freezing/locking up (sometimes) and random pc restarts. It mainly does it when im playing games, or i can just be on the desktop browsing the web or anything and it'll lock up sometimes. When i mean lock up i mean totally lock up as in cant move the mouse, cant ctrl alt delete, nothing everything is frozen solid. Also a day or 2 ago, my PC got 2 bluescreen errors in game and pc restarted. Any help is appreciated, and if you need any more information i'll be gladly to post

few minutes ago i got a blue screen error again an said something about USB this time happend after i unhooked everything and went to put some gel on processor, doubt that was anything to do with it tho

Computer keeps blue screen crashing

I dont understand how to stop it, i've resetted it back to a restore date but it didnt help at all. I cant figure how to stop it. I have a Hp Windows Vista, and the mini dump file shows alot of files...this is like nothing i understand somebody HELP

few minutes ago i got a blue screen error again an said something about USB this time happend after i unhooked everything and went to put some gel on processor, doubt that was anything to do with it tho

Could be the USB drivers need updating as for the errors looks like software and drivers issue if you have installed any software prior to these errors try uninstalling it and also update any drivers and check to see that you have no bad drivers.

I dont understand how to stop it, i've resetted it back to a restore date but it didnt help at all. I cant figure how to stop it. I have a Hp Windows Vista, and the mini dump file shows alot of files...this is like nothing i understand somebody HELP

How many files are there. What I want you to do is do a google search for bluescreenview and dowload it this will able you to view your mini dump file in a blue screen view hence the title. Let me know what they say or post the screens and I will have a look.

just noticed something, when im playing games my PC usage jumps from 97% to 100% could that be whats causing the freezing? and like when the game's first load up they are very fast, i mean its like zoom zoom if that makes sense haha

Or is the 100% pc usage normal? not really sure its 0-2% pc usage on desktop so

How many games are you playing if you have more than one open on the desktop it will slow the pc down and also cause a freeze and lockup if you want to play more games put in more ram or play one game at a time.

im playing only 1 game at a time, lol just 1 and have been playing it on several pc's for years and have never had this problem on any other pc's with this game.

I just got bluescreened in the game and PC restarted, here is a screenshot of teh error after i reloaded desktop and it said pc has recovered from serious error.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/7818/fdsa.png

Also just to add onto the problem, my games get .exe errors occasionally, no idea whats causing that neither i mean they dont always crash but sometime sthey crash an .exe error, but combat arms doenst give a .exe, just crashes the others do. Not sure whats causin that, maybe my bios or motherboard drivers need updated?

im starting to think if it is anything hardware related..? or drivers i really need help on this, i have no clue about problems like this so

Also about the 100% usage, my PC does not run slow at all, my pc is totally fast loading etc, just the random lock ups/blue screens that is confuseing me

someone help please, this is starting to irritate me it doenst do it every minute but when i am playing or browsing net an it does it its annoying t-t

Back