Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have assembled the new computer with below config

AMD Phenom 2.2GHz
2GB DDR2 RAM

320GB Seagate IDE HDD
DVD Writer IDE HDD

Both connected via same IDE cable (primary and secondary)

Problem is it sometimes gives me a "blue screen of death" and reboots.

I am not sure whether it is an issue with the motherboard, BIOS settings or HDD

Could someone please help me out?

- Avinash

Causes can include: inadequate amount of memory... 512 mb or under, or bad memory module (download and run free MemTest86 for 4 hours or 7 passes, whichever is longer); inadequate or too much thermal paste on heat sink; bad or wobbly cpu fan; incorrect driver for video graphics card; problem with Service pack 3 related to drivers; inadequate power supply in constant output of amperage (from cheap or off-brands); heat issue someplace; loose cable (remove and reseat everything); or a defective optical drive (very common problem these days).
Look in your Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager to see if the Device Manager is reporting any yellow or red flags.
Get a power supply tester ($10 to $25 depending on quality) to take a closer look at your power supply.
Look at thermal paste. It should be just barely enough. Too much acts as an insulator.
Your equipment listed is good and known to be reliable, and you have enough memory (but one module could be bad, so download and run the free and very good MemTest86 for four hours or 7 passes, whichever is longer.). Tell us about your video graphics card, and other PCI-e or PCI components installed..
In repair service, we find the number one problem is drivers, but it could be for any device so may take some time to track down and test.
You might want to consider dropping back to the most fundamental install... video - floppy drive or other simple program install off a flash or CD; and one memory module. Boot and run for an hour. Then change memory module... and so it goes until you have given all the simple stuff time to fail. Then add or change a component one at a time.
Next time it crashes, try rebooting immediately. Does it happen again immediately. If so, try SAFE MODE. If it works in safe mode, it is likely something to do with the video graphics card or driver.
Good luck. Please let us know how it all turns out.

You left a great deal out of your question:

1. What operating system are you using?
2. If Windows XP, did you install the SP3 update?
3. Did the problem begin after that?

Problem is it sometimes gives me a "blue screen of death" and reboots.
The BSOD has white writing on it giving the reason. What is it?

Thank you very much for the replies you sent, I will try all the suggestions.
now to add to my previous message

The Blue screen of death displays the following error
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacture for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advance startup option and then select safe mode

Technical Information
*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00EA3B8, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x805096F2)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have Windows XP sp2 installed in my computer.
Video card installed is 8400GS Super --- Nvidia Gforce 512 MB

CPU heat shows 54 degree celcius, is that ok ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back