Desperate to choose

acerace

hello guys,

Im in desperate condition right now. I dont know to choose between AMD Athlon II X3 450 and AMD Phenom II X2 555.

Please help me guys. :confused:

im desperate because ive read some benchmark andn their performance almost the same. so you suggest me to choose phenom,

The harder a decision is, the less important it is.
I would personally choose the Phenom because I'd like to try out some core unlocking, not for any "real" reason.

What are you planning to use it for?
The main argument for the X3 would be for video encoding or autocad or w/e, stuff like that.

is it true that amd stock cooler not suitable for core unlocking? and will the two processor bottlenecked radeon hd 5770?

Absolutely not...that hardly makes sense.
No they're both good matches for the 5770.
You know, the Athlon X3 might be better for most games, though I know the dual core will do better on starcraft 2.
Really you're going to have to look at exactly what you'll be doing.

oh, im playing games like fifa, pro evolution soccer, dynasty warriors, need for speed etc ... can this processor run this game in high setting (with the radeon hd 5770)

You'll really have to just look up benchmarks for the particular games.
About running on high, that's a subjective question, but I don't think you'll be displeased. Either way you're not getting much more without upgrading your graphics card too. As I said, those processors and the 5770 are pretty good matches.

so i will get the phenom? sorry for the repeated questions beacuse i dont see sturdy opinion from you

I don't have a sturdy opinion...because they're nearly the same really. I'm guessing that the Athlon X3 will do better on average for newer games though.
You can wait for someone else's opinion if you want.

Get the Phenom II with the L3 cache, and try your hand at unlocking one or both cores. The success rate with unlocking those is rather high....oh wait, you wanted sturdy...ahem...get the x2 555 Damnit! :)

Back