Device descriptor issue on USB drive

Hi What exactly are you saying? Are you saying you are having trouble with your USB ports?? Have you tried your flash on other ports? Why are you plugging in your tablet? Please give us as much information as you can so that we can help you with your problem.;)

Hi What exactly are you saying? Are you saying you are having trouble with your USB ports?? Have you tried your flash on other ports? Why are you plugging in your tablet? Please give us as much information as you can so that we can help you with your problem.;)

It is one of the ports on the side of the tower that I usually use to plug in my flash drives, my Wacom tablet, phone, etc.

This has worked for me.

Go to Device Manager. Check box to 'show hidden' devices. Remove all USB devices. Turn system off. Remove all devices attached to USB ports - including hubs. Start system. Connect mouse and keyboard. Go to Device Manager, show 'hidden' and confirm that only motherboard USB ports exist and that only mouse and keyboard are active. Turn system off. Reconnect other devices. Start system, let PnP discover all active devices and confirm all devices work.

This has worked for me.

Go to Device Manager. Check box to 'show hidden' devices. Remove all USB devices. Turn system off. Remove all devices attached to USB ports - including hubs. Start system. Connect mouse and keyboard. Go to Device Manager, show 'hidden' and confirm that only motherboard USB ports exist and that only mouse and keyboard are active. Turn system off. Reconnect other devices. Start system, let PnP discover all active devices and confirm all devices work.
Hi Friend! I'm thinking this was covered in my MS link, but your help is appreciated, and right on the money. Team work is good. I'm bowing out now.
"It didn't work"! (quote from OP) Doesn't work for me. Hard to help a windows user like this. Good luck @Cycloid Torus (y)
PS I learned some thing from your reply, that I hadn't tried before. Thanks!

Last edited:
"Microsoft is researching this problem and will post more information in this article when the information becomes available." means that Microsoft recognizes that 'it doesn't work'. There is something basic that screws up - and I find removing dozens of 'hidden' devices and power cycling does work "sometimes". USB is only a decade old, so they are just sorting the bugs out.

Hi @Cycloid Torus ! See method # 3 is the link that I posted #6 It says basically what you posted.(y) I'm agreeing with you friend!ROFL "USB is only a decade old, so MS is getting the bugs out" I doubt if MS ever gets all the bugs out. When they do, our services won't be needed.;) Team work is good!
PS Waiting for OP reply "It didn't work":D

Hi I believe I'm right. If not someone correct me. Here's a screen shot of my USB ports and where my laptop would have these items connected.Hope this helps.
Capture.JPG25.JPG

screenshot_5.jpg

EDIT---

screenshot_5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

First off apologies to @holdum323 for not being too clear with my response.

Second, tried to uninstall the USB drives, but then I end up uninstalling one of the drives that connects with my wireless keyboard/mouse (by accident), which leads me to not install ALL the drives. So like I need to get a keyboard/mouse with a PS/2 port.

I also attached a pic showing all the USB (maybe you can see something here that I'm not seeing).

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 0
I'm beginning to feel that the port has gone bad. :(

An update though: I switched around my Wacom tablet and webcam, and it just might have fixed the issue. I will keep you guys updated.

Last edited:
Has anyone got proven and permanent solution for this error? I tried everything as mentioned in this thread but no help. Even followed few more guides but they doesn't seem to be providing permanent solution.

Back