Device manager problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have just upgraded to a new graphics card and have decided to completly start fresh, installing XP home edition Sp 2 onto a new HDD so my PC is virtually brand new. up on doing this the same way I always have I went into device manager, and noticed I have PCI slot 1 and 2 drivers missing, the thing is slot 1 and 2 are being used, one by my soundcard, the other by my humongous graphics card., I know I have installed every drive I was given with my mother board, I am begning to think i am having some conflict between my graphics card and mother board. also at start up, when windows starts and i get onto the home page, i get a dos screen with 'updating usb'...why is this doing this? please help...

PC spec..

Processor: Intel core duo Q9450
Motherboard: Asus maximus formula special edition
Graphics Card: Saphire Radion HD4870 512MB
Ram: DDR2 1024 MBytes X4

Go to ASUS's support website and download and install the chipset driver once more, for your motherboard

thanks mate, i tried what you said, but it didnt work! so i have just re installed xp and it sems to have sorted itself out, it must have been an error with the xp instalation when i did it the first time!

Glad to hear that it is sorted out. My advice was going to be to re-install the OS. I am veryconscious of how often an OS install can have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back