Difficult motherboard problem

Well this problem is certainly not for the faint hearted as its had me shouting and smashing things countless times now, When i power on my computer everything goes well for about ...3 seconds. The HDD light then flickers as i here the computer make a noise which can only be described as "im trying...im trying...i cant do it" over and over again. The DRAM and CPU lights also flicker throughout. Obviously this would lead you to believe the problems lies with one or all of the components causing the flickering lights. The Ram is brand new, The HDD and CPU work fine in other computers. The motherboard itself is also brand new and i know it works because it was sent back as a replacement for faulty one.

I should mention that this setup worked fine until about 2 weeks ago when there was some sort of problem where my computer flickered, made a strange noise and then everytime i powered on since then it has done this and shown no signal on the screen. If there was some sort of surge which caused this, is there a chance it could have broken the RAM? as this is the only component i cannot test in another computer because it is DDR3, if this was the case though, why would the HDD, DRAM and CPU led's all be flashing on the mobo?

Pretty confused...any help appreciated.

Back