Directory Services Repair DOS, MS-DOS, vista, BIOS revision A06, Dell Latitude

possibility relative ms-dos configuration input relative bios revision ao6

further into search result via

F8 - Advanced Boot Options

[Directory Services Restore Mode]

- ends with:

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Version 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)
1 System Processor [2040 MB Memory] Kernel
The system is booting in safemode - Directory Services Repair

- - - -

(system does no further action under this parameter and no keyboard options)

[Debugging Mode]

windows begins boot and fails with blue-screen flash containing text (faster than can read easily)

[Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)]

windows begins boot and fails with blue-screen flash containing text (faster than can read easily)

[Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt]

first option:

screen Loading Windows Files starts and then just stops. bottom left of screen, text: Please wait. . .

Loaded files at top begins appear as follows:

Loaded: \Windows\System32\drivers\volmgrx.sys
Loaded: ....etc..- to bottom
Loaded: \Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys

last "Loaded", [Loaded: \Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys], abrupt halt at this point suggest last file is not last value-data needed for proper load.

[additional info....]

boot CD windows vista works until screen option ends as follows:

1.Windows is loading files...

(then white bar goes from left to right till loaded)

2. Language options screen then language keyboard language and time and currency options

action - *mouse-click* [Repair your computer]

3. Next screen option Menu System Recovery Options

Select an operating system to repair and click Next. Note: This feature cannot repair operating systems earlier that Windows Vista.

Operating System Partition Size Location

If you do not see your operating system listed, click Load Drivers to load drivers for your hard disks.

(operating system is not listed)

[Load Drivers] [Next >]

[Load Drivers] option Insert the installation media for the device and click. OK to select the driver. "installation media" vague understanding relative elaboration would be appreciated

- windows vista installation CD contains no file browser options for installation media

(Note: Vista not original windows installation thus reformatted new installation relative alternate dell computer source-CD. new installation worked fine and anonymous incident caused boot failure, ms-dos input bios re-installation fixed issue, the second occurrence caused present issue similar type anonymous incident relative hack style override for no reason. hardware failure is not the issue. )

- thus action *mouse-click* [Next >]

4. option "Startup Repair"

automated process ends in new window stating:

[Microsoft Windows]

Startup Repair Cannot repair this computer automatically

Sending more information can help Microsoft create solutions.

>Send information about this problem (recommended)
>Don't send

problem details

Problem Event Name: StartupRepairV2
Problem Signature 01: ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000.0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 0
Problem Signature 04: 65537
Problem Signature 05: Unknown
Problem Signature 06: NoHardDrive
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 0
Problem Signature 09: unknown
Problem Signature 10: 1168
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statment (subsequent url)
action-click [>send]

5. Option <System Restore renders new window with statement as follows:

To perfore an offline System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation you would like to restore.

X For example, if the installation located in: C:\Windows" should be restored, enter the following command:

rstrui.exe /OFFLINE:C:\Windows (option for Command prompt restore opens window and options dead-end)

(only click option on window is [OK] resulting in nothing)

6. windows Memory Diagnostics Tool (previous to this statement top window: " operating system: unknown on unknown local disk" )
>Restart now and check for problems (recommended)
>Check for problems the next time I start my computer

restart option results as follows:
--new window-
Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool
Windows cannot check for memory problems

A problem is preventing Windows from checking for memory problems during startup. Try to check for problems again by running the tool manually. option click [close] thus clicked [close] (additional understanding on manual run of "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool" would be appreciated also as no immediate precedent on resulting closed window conveys help facet for manual run of "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool"

7. Window Complete PC Restore

new window option dead-end with popup window stating

Windows Complete PC Restore
A valid backup location could not be found.

Windows cannot find a backup on this computer. Attach the backup hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click Retry.

due to existing value-data on hard-drive options in this regard cause weary behavioral pattern and stress-minded industrial approach to death... lol

thus no additional external backup for files-value-data therein

------------------

results suggestive Directory Services, Necessity Repair
results suggestive Boot-Data compromised, Necessity Repair
results suggestive BiosRevision-Data MS-DOS relative interface software
compromised, potential Necessity Repair

..........Inquiry ..... How. (relative surmount data impairment and delegated fixture)

\

(oh and all hardware has no failure, and hard-drive is connected properly)

Are you trying to confuse us? Download and install the latest Dell bios for your model computer

attempts with the installation of the latest Dell bios for my model computer fall short due to lack of information on how (without ms-dos input, without blank CDs to burn, without any floppy disk drive)

should I input code directly? computer allows for input of usb flash drive at startup.

09:56:57
Initial Question/Comment: issues with direct installation of bios due to windows boot process compromised.
09:57:05 System
https://chatadengine.dell.com/chata...px?Queue=23659A5E-17AA-4575-9C06-9BEEED9DE643
09:57:05 System
You are now being connected to an agent. Thank you for using Dell Chat
09:57:06 System
Connected with CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
09:57:22 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Thank you for contacting Dell Chat for Optiplex & Latitude Systems under the Corporate and Business Group. My name is Wyndee. I am happy to assist you. Please give me a few minutes to pull up your account.
09:58:05 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Thank you for waiting.
09:58:15 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Is this for LATD610?
09:58:19
yeah
09:59:02 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
To ensure your privacy and security, please verify the company name or individual listed on the account.
09:59:11
lorin watts
09:59:24 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Was this system purchased or registered to a third party company?
10:00:04
original purchase was for florida hospital windows installation xp professional then sold to me used mother works there
10:00:20 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Thank you for the information.
10:00:32
computer hardware has no failure
10:00:52 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
May I know what do you mean by direct installation of bios ?
10:00:55
no floppydisk
10:01:13
issue is that windows was compromised somehow
10:01:41
so, the only instructions on the relative website state direct dos installation with no instruction
10:02:00
windows will start to bood and then just stops
10:02:10
tried to go to F8
10:02:54
for Directory Services Restore Mode
10:03:00 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Does it have any error message?
10:04:05
Microsoft <R> windows <R> version 6.0 (Build 6002: service pack 2) 1 system processor [2040 MB Memory] Multiprocessory Kernel the system is booting in safemode - directory services repair
10:04:21 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Were you able to run the hardware diagnostics?
10:04:22
previous statement is a dead end
10:04:38
yes previously can try again to explain what happens
10:05:20 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
If you 're going to reformat the hard drive you can use the windows xp cd and boot to the cd.
10:05:46
wasnt planning on doing so
10:06:14
pressing F2 for hardware diagnostics correct?
10:06:30 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
F12
10:06:35 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
F2 is bios.
10:06:36
oops alright thanks :D
10:06:41
yeah!
10:07:05 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
you can also repair the OS using the windows installation cd.
10:07:25 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Just boot to the cd and choose repair.
10:07:50
previously there was mostly pass
10:08:11
color pass result then memory test
10:08:25
33%
10:08:54
66%
10:09:04
90%
10:09:40 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
By the way, I see that the hardware warranty of your system expired last 2009-02-16 .
10:09:42 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
I can still help you with troubleshooting. However, if there is a need to replace a part I may have to refer you to our spare parts department.
10:09:42
no diagnostic utility partition found. to run diagnostics insert your dell "drivers and utilities" CDthen select IOK to restart the system and bood off the CD
10:10:12
(previous is result)
10:10:15 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Thanks.
10:10:32
there is no hardware failure
10:10:45 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
If you still have the resource cd you can continue running the diagnostics.
10:12:50
thats part of the issue due to purchse from hostpital they apparently dont give you the CD for installation (probably because they only use like a software set for what they put onto it or something so, when the windows got compromised, had to try an alternate installation there were not issues and it worked fine and then the computer got compromised again, either viral relative bios software or something like that, last time was able to fix the issue via windows msdos installation of bios revision A06
10:13:08
issue precedence this time is basically the same except for further compromise
10:14:38
so my question is how to fix-instal the bios software before windows boot so that can restore windows configuration
10:15:00
not sure how to dos input : \
10:15:45
have flash drive with the ao6 installation software
10:17:11 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Please hold while I research the issue.
10:17:29
thank you!
10:18:43 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
Thank you for waiting.
10:18:47
great
10:20:23 CEBg_ Wyndee Grace_193305
since this is advance software configuration, I'm sorry,it is out of my scope of support. You may contact our software department Dell on Call and they are fee based support. their number is 1-888-236-3355 .
10:21:07
oh. request type software genre for research purposes pls
10:22:17
also for sake of time conservation
10:26:53 System
The session has ended!
Send

attempts with the installation of the latest Dell bios for my model computer fall short due to lack of information on how (without ms-dos input, without blank CDs to burn, without any floppy disk drive)

should I input code directly? computer allows for input of usb flash drive at startup.

What is all this stuff you keep posting? Where is this from? In order to use a USB flash drive you have to make it bootable and select it as the first boot device in the bios. The flash drive must have an additional 2 files. The bios installer and the bios bin file to write

Back