DirectX 9.0c error when installing Sims 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarZePan

Hey my name is Rob and i need help installing the Sims 2 for my little brother. hes been wanting this game on the computer for so long that i thought i give it a try. Anyways i keep getting this message: "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate"

My computer details are:
Microsoft Home Edition XP Home Edition
Direct X Version: Direct X 10.0
Main Driver: vga.dll
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz

Also on the dxdiag notes it says Display Tab 1: The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Please Help

Is this a desktop or laptop? What GPU / onboard video card do you have. First determine that and obtain the latest drivers from the net.

Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.
So, what happened when you did this?

im a noob. how do i find out what "GPU / onboard video card" i have? im sorry im so stupid haha

Ok. Post the details regarding your motherboard that are given in CPU-Z.

Was this system assembled or is it a branded system? Do you even have a clue as to whether a separate graphics card is installed on your PC?

MotherBoard:
Manufacturer:ASUSTek Computer Inc
Model: Kelut 2.02
Chipset: VIA KM400 Rev. 00
Southbridge: VIA VT8237
LPCIO: Winbond W83697HF

I have absolutely have no clue what any of tht means or what its a seperate graphics card or chipset

It appears that your motherboard has onboard graphics but a discrete graphics card could also be installed in the AGP slot. Since we don't know which one, go to Start > Run and type dxdiag in the Run box. Click OK. After it runs, click on the Display tab and see what it shows for the graphics device.

Just between you, me and the trees, you are probably using onboard graphics which is probably NOT supported by the game, hence the message.

for my display tab on dsdiag it say:
Device
Manufacturer: N/A
Chip Type: n/a
Dac Type: n/a
Approx. Total Memory: n/a
Current Display Mode: 1280x1024 (32 bit)(1Hz)
Moniter:

and i was able to run the game on this computer before

and i was able to run the game on this computer before

Since when did it suddenly stop working? Did you make any changes? If you have your motherboard driver CD then I suggest you try and reinstall all drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back