Disable UAC pop up window for startup application

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoeseat

I installed msi afterburner and the choose to autostart it in windows 7.But before autostarting the program(msi afterburner) the UAC pop up windows comes with message "do you want to allow..." whenever i start my computer.I have my UAC level set to 2nd.I don't want to turn it off for security reason.So, can anyone tell from where i can setup the popup window to not appear for ceratin programs when i auto start them?

You can start the application on boot using Task Scheduler instead which should allow you to bypass the UAC popup. For example, for AfterBurner:

- Start Task Scheduler
- Create basic task, give it a name
- Set trigger as When I log on
- Set Action as Start a program
- Point Program to afterburner executable file
- Set Add Arguments to: -T
- check "Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish", click finish
- Select "Run with highest privileges", OK

Glad I could help, and thanks for being one of the few people to post that your problem is solved.

ok sure.i think the task scheduler won't run the program if it's not active for some days?I haven't got the chance to look at the setting but yesterday the program didn't run at startup,it was running fine the other days.Not sure but i think their is an option while setting it.I will look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back