Disappearing Thread

bobcat

One or two days ago, a new thread appeared in Software Apps:
“How To Repair Corrupt Zip Files After Damaged Compressed of Zip...”

At some time today, the thread has disappeared into thin air, and while a search can find it, it is not accessible.

As there didn't seem to be anything objectionable about it and it also seemed placed in the right section, having provided advice in it, I'm asking out of curiosity the reason for its removal.

I deleted it because I thought it was posted expressly for spam purposes. Claiming to have compressed their "entire computer" files" to a Zip file didn't seem right to start with. Occasionally, spammers post such questions and subsequently brand new members appear and post spam links. One such link was posted after yours.

However, perhaps I pulled the trigger too soon. What I will do is restore the thread and continue to monitor it for spam.

OK, question answered and mystery solved.

I hadn't thought of the angle you describe and thought the awkward expression was due to language difficulties. But maybe you're right, since in addition to the ad/spam reply, the thread originator didn't return. Anyway, you can do what you like with the thread, of course.

Back