Disk defragmenter could not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

richncali

I have a new hard drive in my Acer Aspire 5610 notebook and am unable to do a defrag...I get the msg as titled and also, I cannot compledt a system restore. Are both these related someway? What can I do?
Thanks,
richncali

Do you have space on your hard drive? disk defrag need at least 15% of your hard drive to be empty to run.

Hope this helps :)

When you say your defrag won't start, am I correct in assuming you are trying to use windows built in defrag? If so and there's a glitch, try using some other defrag program like Auslogics defrag, free and available at majorgeeks.com and other software download sites and see if that will work for you. Also as to your restore issue, this is not necessarily related to your defrag issue and you may be having a restore issue if you don't have your restore feature set to save restore points or any other type issue. It's hard to tell without having more info. It could be related though if your problems are due to software configuration issues that are keeping you from initializing programs or even malware not allowing you to restore or defrag maybe, doubtful, but maybe, it's hard to tell without having more info...Best to you...

Is the hard drive brand new and does it and your bios support S.M.A.R.T.

It could be the drive is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back