Display Driver and WoW issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmyster

Display Driver: Nvidia GeForce FX Go5200
Laptop: Acer 1360. 800 MHz 1Gb Ram. Mobile AMD Semprin Processor 2800+

Basically, I have no problems with my machine except whilst playing World of Warcraft. Whilst playing, my laptop will completely freeze and i am unable to do anything except turn it off manually (hold down power key). This mostly (but not always) happens (for those of you who know WoW) when i am in raids and partys. That basically means my laptop is trying to process data from 5-25 different people. this may or may not be relevant to my problem.

Assuming this was a display driver issue, i tried to download a new one from both the Acer and Nvidia websites, but neither have updates for my specific driver.

If you think neither of these is causing my problem, it could be that some of the WoW files are somehow corrupt, or just that my laptop is getting very old and simply failing horribly, but i'd rather not be told to buy a new laptop :)

Thanks in advance

thanks for the help, it didnt start will a couple of weeks after i downloaded the patch, so i never thought it would be that :] here's hoping it fixes the problem

you'd think blizzard would tell people about an issue like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back