Display driver stopped responding / sometimes BSOD

[FONT=andale mono]Can anyone help me get rid of this frequent message?[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono]The system works fine under normal conditions, but under a moderate load or when starting games the screen blacks out and a "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" message pops up, or the driver doesn't recover and I end up with blue screen and a reboot. Everything works normally using the integrated graphics, even under heavy load, so maybe the card is at fault, but it still works fine in my other system, and I'm not entirely sure it isn't just operator error.[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono]Where should I be looking for how to troubleshoot this? It sounds like a common problem, but I can't find a common solution. I'll attach some minidumps in a zip. Is there anything else that would be helpful?[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]I tested out each of the memory sticks individually, and still had failures. [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]I uninstalled/reinstalled all drivers, from AMD and/or Asus' website. [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]I uninstalled/reinstalled Windows 7. [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]I tried to underclock the [/LEFT][LEFT][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]GPU[/FONT][/FONT][/LEFT][LEFT], but assuming I did it right, it didn't help. [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]Went into regedit and fiddled with TdrDelay in GraphicsDrivers. [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono]I tried a few other things too, chkdsk, defrag, BIOS settings, etc. but no luck.[/FONT]

[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]Here's my system specs: [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]PSU: [/LEFT][LEFT][FONT=inherit][FONT=inherit]Corsair[/FONT][/FONT][/LEFT][LEFT] 750w PSU [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]RAM: G Skill Sniper (4GB x 2) DDR3 1600 [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]CPU: 2.8gHz 1055t [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]GPU: Asus HD 5670 (1024MB) [/LEFT][/FONT]
[FONT=andale mono][LEFT]Mobo: ECS A885GM-A2 w/ onboard Radeon HD 4250[/LEFT][/FONT]

Attachments

• DMP files.zip
    196.6 KB · Views: 1
Minidumps are all the same. It is indeed an ATI driver fault. Make sure that the on-board video is disabled and that you have the latest ATI driver installed for the HD5670

Back