Do not use HJT auto tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxdanielxx

For everyone who is helping someone clean there system do not send nor use that auto tool to help some one it gives a lot of false positives and it can be very dangerous to trust that and not do it the right way. It is not a very good tool

Site Disclaimer:
This system is to be used as a generalized guide, this will not be right 100% of the time. We are of course trying our best to make it as accurate as possible. Even when an item is "red flagged" you need to double check this before deleting.

I thought it was strange when it flagged SpySweeper as unknown, "please let us know about this entry"

Umm. No, if they can't be bothered updating their own program, I'm not interested

It wouldn't take all that much to update it too, (they have user input section) But isn't that their tool? They should update it, at least with the basic entries!

Wilco.

I sometimes misfire by being too helpful and trying to equip people to handle their own problems while waiting for competent help. They're drowning and I'm trying to give a swim lesson!

Both sides of the fence here! I got after someone for referring a user in trouble to an auto-hijack site for self help! Usually the ones we see are not good candidates for that and need the guidance we provide.

Thank you for bringing this up Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back