Do you use Spybot S&D?

I use S&D for only two features
  1. immunize
  2. control autorun items
so the versioning just doesn't matter to me.

Ok, its my understanding that if one uses SpywareBlaster which I do use, you don't use the immunization feature in Spybot S&D.
As I found out, the portable link was the newest version so I went ahead & updated anyhow.
I'm not as knowledgeable as others, so I just update the definitions once a week & scan.

I use S&D for only two features
  1. immunize
  2. control autorun items
so the versioning just doesn't matter to me.
Yeah, Spybot is pretty much the easiest to configure startup manager. Much easier than "msconfig". Plus, you get a description of the running app.

You know the "immunize" function is ongoing additions the the Windows "hosts file"?

"Tea timer" occasionally picks up a dangerous process or PUP. It uses a lot of memory though. (about 100,00KB)

I've heard one should NOT use tea timer so mine is disabled. Know little to nothing about a "hosts file".
I use mike lins startup program. As previously mentioned, I wish there was a tutorial for spybot.

I used to use it, but it was a memory hog and bogged down the system. I really don't visit dangerous sites and I haven't had malware in a long time. I've stuck with MS security essentials. Even though lately it's been given a bad rap, it's worked for me. I've used other anti-viri programs but they either had nag screens, were slow and ineffective, or were resource hogs - Symantec comes to mind.

Well, until I hear differently, I'll use Spybot S&D on any pc I have. So far its been good to me.

I like version 2. spybot is my go to program for removing viruses because of its speed. but malware bytes is more thorough for smaller things like PUPS

Anybody know of an "easy fix" because when I run spybot it cleans all but Google Earth & Firefox shortcuts from my start menu, All Programs is still there. If the fix aint easy, hmmmm:)

Since there has been no reply to my above post, I'm going to get rid of Spybot 2 & either leave it off, or go back to the previous version. Thank you. :)

Back