Inactive Dodgy "Microsoft Student Premium" setup popup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.

Recently one of those fake antivirus viruses attacked my PC, i quickly got rid of it with my antivirus.
While the virus was annoying me with all those popups and messages, Microsoft student Encarta installer started up, I do not know how or why, but its been taking the piss out of me by not exiting, if I end task it still comes back later, if I end process my PC crashes and I have to reboot.
Also, a small window that says: "Preparing to install" always appears and reappears when i'm loading up a new webpage.
Also, when I try to open "my documents" etc. from the start menu the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It appears that you thread was moved to this forum by the moderator- is that correct? But there are 2 different subject names for the same problem! Because I was referring you back ti the Windows OS forum!!

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .

Please do not use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you, unless I direct you to. Do not use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back