Does my motherboard have an AGP slot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbug

I was going to buy a new computer for gaming because I have an intergrated graphics card. I was recently looking at my mother board and I think I might have a agp slot but I'm just not 100% sure, could you guys tell me whether I have one or not please! I am attaching a picture of my mother board, I think it's the little brown slot above the three white ones!

Attachments

• DSC00106.jpg
    DSC00106.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC00105.jpg
    DSC00105.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 21
Yes definately AGP

But there are many types of AGP cards with different multipliers and voltages (ie they're not all the same)

You are best to provide your Motherboard Manufacture name and model number, before sourcing a new card.

Also if this is a proprietory computer (like Dell; HP; Acer etc etc) we would require the Brand and model number.

You can also update your Profile with this information (to help you further)

Yes... Hang on NO

Of course you can run a graphics card.

Any that are compatible with your motherboard

Specs not done?

Is there anyway I can find out like everything about my computer, I am really looking to find out EVERYTHING, help me please? =D
Would be so much appreciated.
I will post a pic of all I know

Attachments

• kaksdaksakx.bmp
    51.2 KB · Views: 11
Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop.

Click on the + sign beside 'Computer', then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY Top of the screen and click on 'report'.

Note: the 'Very Top' isn't one line down, it means what it says.

Cursor over 'quick report-summary' and then click on 'plain text' and then click on 'save to file' and change the 'save in' folder to 'Desktop' and then click 'Save'.

Clear all your open windows and on the Desktop click on that 'report.txt' icon - this will open it in a text editor (probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the 'debug' entries and delete them, then use your mouse to hilight all the remaining text then copy and paste it to here.

For future reference: once you open Everest, click on file, preferences, report and uncheck the 'include debug information in the report' box. People rarely want to see that stuff.

Foxconn N15235
when i search it up on google images or something though it looks completely different

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name EDBUG
User Name GEORGE

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Celeron D, 3319 MHz (25 x 133)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset VIA P4M800 Pro
System Memory 448 MB
BIOS Type Award (09/01/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP (64 MB)
3D Accelerator VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (CNN6020Y9B)

Yes, I started reading all the specs after I posted
Personnally I hate Foxconn support, it's difficult to follow.

Anyway I noticed that you have posted:
Display:
Video Adapter VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP (64 MB)
So you could go the other way and find the specs for that card, the that will do.

Did you check out the http://www.foxconnchannel.com/support/downloads.aspx site?
Maybe you could make sense of it.

Look if you found it, don't just post the picture
Download the manual, and read the specs for AGP

And provide the link if possible to the motherboard

The video card is AGP 8x (1.5 V) so Yes it seems compatible
The ram specs I haven't looked up (Maybe you can!)

I hope your time has been fulfilling at TechSpot :)

By the way, how did you find the exact link to the motherboard?

Edit:
I suppose via the links I posted
Anyway you decided to log off, so at least you said thanks

OR, because he knew it was a Foxcon and got the info it had a Via P4M800 chipset from Everest
Yes I saw that post by you, you know I clicked on it, but wanted the exact page, I should have searched with "P4M800 chipset" Not tried to go through Foxconns difficult support (!) page.

They need an autodetect button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back