Doom's closed multiplayer beta begins on March 31st

Scorpus

Staff member

If you pre-ordered or purchased copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order, you'll soon be able to check out a multiplayer beta of the upcoming Doom reboot. The closed beta will be available from March 31 at 10pm ET through to 11:59pm on April 3, and there doesn't appear to be any way to get involved if you didn't pre-order Wolfenstein.

The multiplayer beta will include two game modes, Team Deathmatch and Warparth, along with two maps, Heatwave and Infernal. The official multiplayer trailer for Doom gives an early look into what those game modes and maps will look like, although you can expect more in the full and final game.

The Doom beta will be available on Windows PCs as well as Xbox One and PlayStation 4. If you're planning to play on PC, these are the non-final system specifications that Bethesda has published for the beta.

Recommended Minimum
CPU Intel Core i7-3770
AMD FX-8350
Intel Core i5-2400
AMD FX-8320
GPU NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB
AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB
AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB
RAM 8 GB
OS Windows 7 64-bit or newer, Steam account required
Storage 22 GB

Bethesda also advises that the Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti and all mobile GPUs aren't supported in the beta.

For those that are still interested in Doom but don't have access to the closed beta, pre-orders for the game are now open ahead of a final release on May 13.

Permalink to story.

I guess they only want blind fan boys beta testing their game. Closed Alpha I understand but closed Beta. Isn't this their second one?
I certainly won't be pre-ordering it without a taster.
Without testing server load with an open beta this is going to be a disaster on day 1.

I miss the days when game reviews came out prior to the release date. Embargo this and nda that. No faith in their own product.

I guess they only want blind fan boys beta testing their game. Closed Alpha I understand but closed Beta. Isn't this their second one?
I certainly won't be pre-ordering it without a taster.
Without testing server load with an open beta this is going to be a disaster on day 1.

I miss the days when game reviews came out prior to the release date. Embargo this and nda that. No faith in their own product.
All games that do open beta first do a closed beta.

Pre-ordered this already. Very excited about this game from everything shown publicly. Snap Map looks fantastic cant wait to play on someone else's maps. Not concerned about day one issues since they seem to be the norm.

Back