Download Adobe Illustrator CS2

Hello,

I'm not sure if I should ask this question here, so if it has to be somewhere else ... Then let me know?

I wanted to download Adobe illustrator CS2 from Adobe form your website (which was accidentally released for free by Adobe). This would have been legally issued by Adobe, but can no longer be downloaded from Adobe itself. After linking through your site, I was able to download the file.

By linked sites from your download site:

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/5731-adobe-indesign-CS2-free.html

And is this de correct site to download from?

(URL removed)

However, during the download, I immediately received a message from my virus scanner (f-secure) that an incorrect app was trying to do something with my PC and that I had to restart the PC to stop and delete the file. I waited until the program was downloaded and then restarted my PC, scanned my PC with my virus scanner and Malwarebytes, but they could not find any problems. However… When I checked the file on the internet (because it is still suspiciously different than I expected (the name is “AI_CS2_IE_NonRet” and is about 640 Mb (instead of the 340 Mb TechSpot indicated), all strange offers were made, among other things (so-called) from my Internet provider I know for sure that my provider does not make these strange offers and the URL was incorrect.

I wonder if this download (by TechSpot) is correct and / or has it been properly checked for possible viruses, malware and so on? Can you check this and possibly send me the correct link (from the direct download if it still exists)?

I look forward to your response and hope to hear from you soon.

Greetz, Mike Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangely enough Mike, the download page you have linked states that the program is 740 MB

I have attached a scree cap to that effect.

I downloaded the PSCS-2 and Premier CS-2 freebies and tried to install it in an older XP machine, and they trashed the legitimate PSE-5 program installation already in place.

I remember that Adobe did a whoops and an about face on these programs after the initial release. At the present time, you can't install any Adobe program, including those still available on DVD, without having an Adobe account and being logged into it.

The best advice I can give you, is to try and google the MD-5 and/or Sha-1 sums for the original program, and see if the download matches up.

I"m not really the final authority on the integrity of the mirror, or what Adobe might have done to disable the download between the time long ago when they made this goof up and now.

Our staff wouldn't knowingly give you a bad link, and they always post warnings about programs which attempt to make additional installs, or have additional payloads included.

Attachments

• In design download page.JPG
    In design download page.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 2
The full story about why Adobe hosted their CS2 suite and was available to freely download is here: https://www.techspot.com/news/51316...-suite-2-for-free-but-they-didnt-mean-to.html

Many years later, Adobe has stopped distribution of CS2 software and the download link is now broken (TechSpot pointed to Adobe's servers, per their request, we cannot host their files).

The external URL you mentioned (easypdfcombine dot com) is not hosted or linked from TechSpot, you probably found that via Google or some other and we have no control over that.

Back