Download of the Week: Xbox One Controller Driver for Windows

Erik

Staff member
Considering Windows support for the Xbox 360 controllers has been a given for a very long time, Xbox One owners as well as PC gamers wanting to use the revamped console controller have been waiting for similar treatment since the launch of the...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/57018-download-of-the-week-xbox-one-controller-driver-for-windows.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

So how do you connect it to the computer? Do you have to buy some sort of receiver or dongle?

Reactions: Jamesbrah

Experimentongod

I had to do some reasearch to find out that this gamepad uses an INCLUDED and OPTIONAL microUSB cable and therefore should present no problems using it on PC. I still have no idea if it can be used wirelessly on PC though.

Skidmarksdeluxe

Hoo boy. A console controller and myself just don't see eye to eye, if I can't play a game with a keyboard and mouse then forget it.

G

"Hoo boy. A console controller and myself just don't see eye to eye, if I can't play a game with a keyboard and mouse then forget it"

There's quite a few different types of games that require a game pad. Button mashers and racing games come to mind. In the last two or three years I've come across I think 4 games that I downloaded and started, then stopped playing because I didn't have a controller.

Erik

Staff member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I put a note in the driver pages... Your Xbox One controller needs to be connected to your PC through the micro USB cable for PC gaming.

Reactions: cliffordcooley