Download problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
please could you help.when i try to download ,a message comes up saying the directory is invalid,i dont know what i have done to get this problem.

When you attempt a download and it asks you where to save it, what is the EXACT name of the path and folder that you use?

eg, C:\Documents and Settings\CCT\Downloads\

And if you tell the downloader to save the download in C:\desktop, what happens?

i dont have permission to save in this location 'contact the administrator.it asks would you like to save in the ecs.LH-EFSSDIBUCJQ folder instead but it opens the folder and a desk top symbol appears.but to no avail,thanks

I came across this (if you have Vista):

"Start > type "run" > on the new window type "msconfig" > click on the "Tools" tab > Scroll to "Disable UAC" and click on "Launch". Restart and try running any setup from anywhere on your computer.

I found that on another forum. Try it and see if it works.
If it does then you need to figure out how to use vista's "UAC" thing because I don't know."

http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:j8czbVcFGVMJ:forum.piriform.com/lofiversion/index.php/t10048.html+C:%5Cusers%5C+directory+is+invalid&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ca

In the future please be detailed with your questions.
Your problem is that you are not the computer administrator and you are trying to download into a protected area. Either log on as the administrator or have the admin give you the rights.

thanks CTT that worked, TEDSTER,i am not too good understanding, the tech.side to computing yet.and in future i will try to be more specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back