DRAM LED computer won't boot

detroit1992

OK i bought everything new beside CPU.. and when i turn on the computer i GET tHE DRAM LED. and it keeps blinking.. and when i push the MEMOK for 3 sec it stops blinking and stays red then when i let go it continues blinking why is this happening?

Motherboard: Asus M4A88T-M
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1600MHZ hyperx
PSU: A-POWER AK 680 WATT
HEATSINK: Alimunum copper based
Case: Steel ATX Mid Case Chasis
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster 7.1
CPU: AMD PHENOM 11 X4 965
HARD DRIVE: 1 TB
DVD DRIVE: TOSHIBA SAMSUNG

I do not have a vedio card but this should not matter right.?

Pull the memory out and turn on the computer. Do you hear constant beeping? If you do the motherboard is most likely okay. If you don't the motherboard is bad or it is shorting to the case

no i do not hear constant beeping when i pull out the memory..but how can i have a bad motherboard if the cpu fan is working and the green led on motherboard is on..?

"but how can i have a bad motherboard if the cpu fan is working and the green led on motherboard is on..?"
The green light and fans mean no more than the power supply is putting out some voltages. Your motherboard is bad or it IS shorting to the case. Does the motherboard have a speaker attached?

same issue dif cause

hi im having this same problem on a lil dif.. just built my computer with amd fx6100 processor 2 4 gig sticks of corsiar vengance ram eah4870 g card on a m5a97 mobo..
it ran amazingly for two days than it completely froze up so i restarted it and it just sits there at a black screen no bios or anything just acts like the comps not on but it really is.. and the red led on the d ram stays on.. any ideas please

Remove the motherboard, and re-assemble the whole computer once more, making sure that the motherboard is not shorting to the case... Re-connect the power supply

think i narrowed it down now

im pretty sure i narrowed it down.. ive tested my gcard in another computer and it works we have tried different ram on my motherbored than i bought a new asus crosshair v formula and its still doing the same thing so im pretty sure my processor died

Back