Drive_Power_State_Failure BSoD

frequently when i try and shut down my pc it either takes over 30 minutes or I BSoD, ive never fixed an issue like this but i saw on many of the forums posts about similar issues they post their minidump files so here is one, i don't even know how to read them. If anyone could help it would be awesome. Oh and this issue has been happening for a LONG time on VIsta and i recently upgraded to Windows 7 and the issue persists

im having problems uploading the file it seems, here is another try

well crap its too big (twss) what am i supposed to post?

Use the Zip option under the Manage Attachments button. You can Zip up to five of the most recent minidump files in one Zip file. Then attach to your next post.

Here's one that I could get, the others I am having trouble with because its saying I don't have the authorization... ill post em when I figure it out

Attachments

• 122310-32245-01.zip
    140 KB · Views: 1
Your issue is with the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys. Do the following:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Back