Driver for CD/DVD Drive in an HP G56-129WM (Laptop)?

DemonVenom

So I've been trying to format the above mentioned laptop with Win 7... when doing so I boot from the dvd & make it to the "installation" window but I'm then warned that the CD/DVD drive doesn't have the required drivers.
It says I can install them and then proceed but I have been to the HP site and not been able to figure out which driver I need? (It's 64-bit also)

(I wanted to bypass all this and just reformat it from a win 7 usb drive but that's a whole other problem as the "Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool" continues to say it was unable to copy my files... even after going into "cmd" as an admin and "prepping" it.... anyway thats a whole other post but figured I would do that to save others the time of replying to try that instead)

Did this laptop or computer come with win 7? If so would it not be easier to do a Factory Reinstall . From the recovery partition. This would give you all you drives and such.

Did this laptop or computer come with win 7? If so would it not be easier to do a Factory Reinstall . From the recovery partition. This would give you all you drives and such.
The Original Drive "crapped" out, this was a replacement drive I pulled from another unit. I managed to format it with XP first which gave it some generic drivers which then allowed it to proceed to the Win 7 install successfully. thanks for the suggestion though!

Back