Driver problems in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

runescape

well basically i installed Windows xp on my old pc and this time around it says i need drivers, but the problem is every time i try installing the video driver this is what i get,
9gfzva.png

my graphic card is ati 9250 , i have driver cd from back in 2004, but its no good because i still get the same message u see above.

any help is appreciated.

ao6p2b.png

Try installing the chipset drivers before installing the graphics driver. Be sure not to use a recent driver because ATI support for your card ended in 2006. If you are trying to install the Catalyst Control Center, be sure you have .NET framework 2.0 (or 3.x) installed first. Get that from Windows Update.

Try installing the chipset drivers before installing the graphics driver. Be sure not to use a recent driver because ATI support for your card ended in 2006. If you are trying to install the Catalyst Control Center, be sure you have .NET framework 2.0 (or 3.x) installed first. Get that from Windows Update.

i am trying to install the catalyst driver but that problem keeps coming up above.
also i have net framework 2 and 3 but it still wont let me install the cataylst center, which im not sure what it does.

il try installing chipset drivers if i can find where to download them.

Do mailpup's suggestions first, if still a problem also try

1) Running DriverSweeper to be sure and remove any prior remnants
2) Looking for the latest driver version on the support website

If problem persists
See if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

Do mailpup's suggestions first, if still a problem also try

1) Running DriverSweeper to be sure and remove any prior remnants
2) Looking for the latest driver version on the support website

If problem persists
See if Windows reports any problem devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate a DirectX report
  • click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the reports. (If you don't see icon you may need to first cick Go Advanced)

dont worry about it, i had no drivers to uninstall so wat i did was install a chip set and then install a cataylst center 6.2 which works for me
this thread is solved and thanks everyone for helping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back