Dual GPU help

Hi guys! I'm new here and bought a notebook for maybe a week ago and I have some questions. I found out that my computer haves two GPU's and it is one integrated and one dedicated (dedicated is better) how do I switch to my dedicated one? I have High Perfomance on Battery and also in the Catalyst Control Center and I don't see no difference. I tryed to disable my Integrated graphics on Device manager and the dedicated didn't work (error 43). I updated the drivers over the HP site and over the AMD site. How do I fix so I only use the dedicated gpu?

My Specifikations :
HP 15-N001SO/A4

Windows 8 64-Bit (will soon upgrade to 8.1)

AMD APU A4-5000M @ 1,5 GHz

4GB Ram (3,64 Available)

AMD Radeon HD 8330 (Integrated) and 8670m (Dedicated)

Here are some pics :
[CENTER]
original
[/CENTER] [CENTER]
original
[/CENTER]

I wouldnt disable the integrated GPU since AMD has something called dual graphics, which combines the power of the integrated GPU with that of the dedicated GPU. Is there any reason why you would want to disable the integrated GPU? Are you getting bad performance? The dual graphics will help with battery life also since it will switch to the low power (iGPU) when tasks are not too demanding. Also, are you gaming?

I wouldnt disable the integrated GPU since AMD has something called dual graphics, which combines the power of the integrated GPU with that of the dedicated GPU. Is there any reason why you would want to disable the integrated GPU? Are you getting bad performance? The dual graphics will help with battery life also since it will switch to the low power (iGPU) when tasks are not too demanding. Also, are you gaming?
Thank you for answering :). Well I wan't to disable the integrated GPU so I can run things better as the second question I have bad perfomance at games I can run on more than high. And about the low power I already have it when the charger is unplugged from the computer. Yep I am a gamer.

Thank you for answering :). Well I wan't to disable the integrated GPU so I can run things better as the second question I have bad perfomance at games I can run on more than high. And about the low power I already have it when the charger is unplugged from the computer. Yep I am a gamer.
Well, you cannot really expect to play games at high settings with an 8670M. This is because the 8670M doesn't have its own dedicated memory pool like a standalone 8670M would. It uses the DDR3 just like the CPU would. DDR3 is slower than DDR3 or GDDR5 that is found in standalone GPUs. Your best bet is to just keep it and run the most up to date driver and lower the in game settings.

Well, you cannot really expect to play games at high settings with an 8670M. This is because the 8670M doesn't have its own dedicated memory pool like a standalone 8670M would. It uses the DDR3 just like the CPU would. DDR3 is slower than DDR3 or GDDR5 that is found in standalone GPUs. Your best bet is to just keep it and run the most up to date driver and lower the in game settings.
I am not that kind of gamer that I play BF4 or those demanding games. I like simulator games and counter strike

I am not that kind of gamer that I play BF4 or those demanding games. I like simulator games and counter strike
Well, I can recommend this:
1) Buy 8GB of RAM (preferably 4x2 GB) or 4 more GB depending on your memory slots available. This will allow for more memory to be allocated to the GPU rather than the CPU (integrated GPUs make use of system DDR3). This could help significantly.
2) Download and install the latest 13.12 driver from here.
3) Close any programs you arent using while gaming, this will free up some valuable memory.

If you follow the above advice, you may be able to play the games you want at high settings, but if not, it means your system is not powerful enough. You could always just put textures on high settings and everything else at low/medium settings, this could be a nice solution also.

Thank you for the answer and help! Well I have one more question just because this is a laptop. How to add more RAM into the laptop as many told me that it cannot be done

My pleasure. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Also, tell me the results after getting more RAM.

As for your RAM questions, I recommend watching this video from Crucial, it helps a lot and answers your question. 90% of laptops have interchangeable RAM (except ultra thin laptops/ultrabooks).

I recommend using this tool provided by Crucial to see what RAM you should get. Search the model number you get from the scan results (recommends RAM for you) on Amazon since it is pretty overpriced straight from the manufacturer. When buying RAM, dont go cheap, I would recommend Crucial or Corsair.

Back