DVD/CD Drive not reading anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a HP Pavillion Special Edition PC, everything works perfect except for my CD/DVD drive. If you try to put a disk in, it closes extremely quick...probably less than 3 seconds. Also, if you can get a disk in, it won't read it all. I've tried everything..games, DVDs, and CDs.

It's a Lightscribe DVD SuperMulti Drive/ CD-Burner. If you can help me, please reply. If you need to know any more info please ask me.

Did you buy this HP Pavillion Special Edition PC used or new? If it is new it is under warranty. By your concerned mood, I think this is a used PC, and that's all the more reason the CD/DVD optical drive could be bad. You can open the case and check the cable and power to the optical drive

Did you buy this HP Pavillion Special Edition PC used or new? If it is new it is under warranty. By your concerned mood, I think this is a used PC, and that's all the more reason the CD/DVD optical drive could be bad. You can open the case and check the cable and power to the optical drive

Nope, this is a brand new PC.

If you bought it new and it hasn't worked from day one, it has to be a hardware problem and then certainly have it fixed under warranty.

If it was reading discs originally and stopped sometime later, there's a chance this can caused by a problem with CD/DVD filter drivers (altho filter drivers could only pertain to the reading problem. NO affect on drawer close speed if that's also been happening since day one)

You can remove the CD/DVD filter drivers
=> If you run XP, use XP CD-DVD Fix script
=> If you run Vista, see these instructions from MS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back