DVD drive not functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have an hp box w/xp sp2. has expansion bay for dvd. bought hp internal dvd plugplay installed per instruction. didn't work. last geek that i had stick some xtra ram in said try this and reset back of drive and hooked up dvd to cd plug, left dvd plug unattached. still doesn't work.
any assistance appreciated

I'm a little confused by your post. Is this a DVD writer or just a DVD-ROM drive? What about the drive is not working?

Do you know exactly what this person changed to try and fix the issue?

dvd rw drive.

when originally installed i did as instructions showed. would take 6-8 hours to burn dvd. not acceptable so didn't use. had a guy stick some ram in here while back. told him about it. he suggested hooking up dvd solo and plugged the primary plug that was on the cdrw drive into the dvdrw and reset the selector on the back of the dvdrw drive accordingly.

now it won't accept files to burn or anything. says drive not accessible. properties shows raw format w/blank dvd in drive.

may or may not be relevant: used trial version of nero that came with dvdrw drive. did not renew when expired. cannot completely uninstall nero. won't ever use it again for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back