DVD drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sol1109

Building a new system. I put the motherboard utility disk in DVD drive and drivers loaded OK with several self restarts. After that finished I rebooted and now the DVD drive seems unable to read anything. If I move the drive back to the old PC it works fine. What happend?

Specs:
Motherboard, Gigabyte GA-EP45C-UD3R
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
Memory, OZC Reaper OCZ2RPR11502GK
Video Card, Gigabyte GV-R485OC-1GH
Drive, Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA
DVD Lite-On LH-20A1H IDE Master
CDWriter HP9100 IDE Slave
OS XP_PRO

See if hasn't somehow reverted to the slower PIO mode from the faster DMA mode. Look in the Device Manager under IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.

Everything looks fine. When you put in a CD in does short little seeks and the LED will blink occasionally. Under event viewer/system I get a warning that the CDROM is having an error during a paging operation.

If I move the drive back to my old system and make it a shared resource can I use it over the network to complete the software installs until I figure something out? Or do I risk installation on the wrong drive C:?

Just used system restore to reset my PC to before use of the Gigabyte driver and utility disk. This corrected the problem so I guess I will concentrate on what this did by installing manually one item at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back