Easynote laptop BIOS problem

I changed some of the PCI settings within the bios and now the machine won't start. I get a black screen, but the power and hard drive lights come on. I need help to reset the bios or advice as to how else I can resolve the problem.

The laptop is a packers bell easynote Argo c2

Hi there, im having exactly thr same problem with my argo c2, I was just wondering if you found a workaround or solution in the end?

Hi, thanks for the quick reply I did change a couple of settings, but I have found a workaround myself, although it was incredibly time consuming, and not for anyone with no background knowledge of computers and hardware.
To fix this problem I reset the CMOS by removing the BIOS battery, and leaving it out for approximately 1 hour. This will sound to a lot of people like an easy task. And usually it is! However on the Packard bell Argo c2, there is no way of removing the cmos battery without taking it fully apart, and removing the motherboard completely. this is an extremely long winded process, and as I said earlier, it requires some basic knowledge of computer components. There are threads online with diagrams of how to take these laptops apart, however they can take some finding.
Hope this helps.

Back