eBay currently sits as the most gender diverse tech company

Justin Kahn

ebay

A number of major tech companies are releasing gender diversity reports and eBay is the latest to put out its numbers. Compared to tech companies like Google, Yahoo, Twitter and Pinterest who have already made gender numbers public, eBay is the most diverse of them all. 

Based on its report, 42% of eBay's 33,000 employees around the world are women. Pinterest comes close at 40%, followed by Yahoo at 37%. Of the companies that have released reports so far, Google and Twitter are tied for dead last when it comes to gender diversity with 30% female work forces.

As many as 28% of those females hold leadership roles at eBay, compared to 19% at Pinterest. Also the highest among companies that have thus far released diversity reports, eBay's strong female leadership numbers are at least in part because of its Women's Initiative Network. Known as WIN, the program encourages women to stay on with the company in order to take on leadership roles down the road. 

While there are still some other big tech companies yet to release diversity reports, Apple's numbers are likely the most notable we have yet to receive. Earlier this month CEO Tim Cook said the company would be releasing a report, but we still have no details as to when that might happen.

Permalink to story.

What a silly, PC headline. You can only have two genders, and in a binary system there cannot be a superlative. You either are diverse, having male and female, or are not diverse, having one or the other.

Why not report on actual TECH innovations, instead of harping on PC garbage?

What a silly, PC headline. You can only have two genders, and in a binary system there cannot be a superlative. You either are diverse, having male and female, or are not diverse, having one or the other.

Welcome to the new America, where it is more important that Silicon Valley have an equal number of (insert group) here to counter the White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant male than it to improve, innovate, and invent technologies.

Last edited:
I could be simply not educated as to why this is of importance, but to me, it seems frivolous to worry about "equality" when it comes to doing the best job possible.

3 sets... what about the people (rare) that have both? :)

When political correctness is more important than qualifications -_-

What like great the Microsoft Surface Pro screen is? I just saw that story... know how many comments there are right now? Zero. But look at this story... we're closing in on ten already.

Political Correctness stories are click-bait. They get people riled up and they get people to view pages with ads...I mean, read the story. Getting people upset also serves to get them to vote.

Whether or not what they're upset about is actually a problem is far less important.

I knew that one day, I would be at once justified and vindicated for never, ever,having anything to do with Ebay. Today is that glorious day!:)(y)

3 sets... what about the people (rare) that have both? :)
There are only two, biologically. Choice is something different and transient. Gender is in the chromosomes.

What like great the Microsoft Surface Pro screen is? I just saw that story... know how many comments there are right now? Zero. But look at this story... we're closing in on ten already.

Political Correctness stories are click-bait. They get people riled up and they get people to view pages with ads...I mean, read the story. Getting people upset also serves to get them to vote.

Whether or not what they're upset about is actually a problem is far less important.
Point

Welcome to the new America, where it is more important that Silicon Valley have an equal number of (insert group) here to counter the White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant male than it to improve, innovate, and invent technologies.
That's why I work overseas. You don't see this drivel outside of the West.

I'm grabbing my crotch as I write this. Just makes me feel so darn good. I thought the last article of this ilk definitively showed that no one cares

I'm grabbing my crotch as I write this. Just makes me feel so darn good. I thought the last article of this ilk definitively showed that no one cares
Well, for all intents and purposes these are a corporate, "political correctness pissing contest". The only reason to care is if you are someone with marginal qualifications, but a strong sense of entitlement. The whole racial, gender, ethnicity, religious, concepts of a company being unbiased, will help propel the mediocre in the door.
That's why I work overseas. You don't see this drivel outside of the West.
Well, the US, in its bizarre sense of being #1 at just about everything, somehow feels a noblesse oblige to solve the world's problems. Discrimination in employment being one in the forefront

For example, the issue of children from South America making their way into the US, and the pity it evokes, not to mention the expense to our country, would have been solved by me, long ago, and in a much different manner.. My reasoning is this, if you're bringing children into a world of the horrors you claim, maybe you should just leave your zipper up.

I figure, why let a banana boat make a return trip empty. Fill it with free condoms, birth control pills, and and several cases of diaphragms. Problem solved.

Last edited:
I figure, why let a banana boat make a return trip empty. Fill it with free condoms, birth control pills, and and several cases of diaphragms. Problem solved.

Humanitarianmon tried that attack on Africa. It wasn't very effective.

You only get to use so many free Politic Tokens before gendoracial click-bait has a negative effect. There is a reason commercial fishermen are held to quotas. And if what I've been seeing elsewhere is an indicator, we are approaching that juncture.

Humanitarianmon tried that attack on Africa. It wasn't very effective....[ ]....

Before I launch into this anecdote, keep in mind I can't recall the source. As much as I'd love to, I don't even remember the decade I came across it. Possibly "Time" magazine, ages ago. I swear on a stack of bibles, I did not make this up.

It seems that some type of humanitarian mission attempted to show a group of natives contraception via condom. They demonstrated how they are used, by stretching the condoms over a stick.

The native women couldn't understand why they still got pregnant, when they faithfully stretched the same condoms, over the same sticks....:D

Oh, yeah, and "Dubbya", sent out some 60+ YO dried up old hag, to preach abstinence or tell people we'd cut off their foreign aid.

Myself, I'd take a route more likely to meet with success. Pump a couple of tank cars full of an estrogen / progesterone mix, into the village water supply.

Last edited:
This is the problem with America today. They hire based on equality of gender and race. Hiring should be based on being the most qualified. I don't care if the company consists of mostly white men or mostly black women. Unfortunately a company is now better off hiring less qualified people to maintain a good public image.

This is the problem with America today. They hire based on equality of gender and race. Hiring should be based on being the most qualified. I don't care if the company consists of mostly white men or mostly black women. Unfortunately a company is now better off hiring less qualified people to maintain a good public image.
This is the way hiring was done, and yeah, still should be. Asian women have tiny fingers. That makes many of them well suited for sewing lingerie. Big burly men can absorb the shock of running a jackhammer, and have been doing so for decades.

Sometimes problems set in when the Asian lady decides she wants to run a jackhammer, and believes you're discriminating against her because you won't hire her for the job.

Oh, the jackhammer guy? Funny you should ask. He's at the sewing machine, pulling broken needles out of his fingertips, while every thing he makes has to be sold as a "second". But goddammit, he's not a victim of discrimination any more.;)

But by golly, those company's "diversity statistics", are a model for their industries.

At least until the China doll's head vibrates off, and OSHA has to step in.....:D

Last edited:
Really? There are only 2 genders. How is that anymore gender diverse then any other company? Retarded article is a waste of space.

Really? There are only 2 genders. How is that anymore gender diverse then any other company? Retarded article is a waste of space.
Then why the heck did you respond to it? Show some character, ignore it, and the cookie cutter articles that are surely to follow.

If I had any sense or strength of character, I'd be sure to practice what I'm preaching....:D

Then why the heck did you respond to it? Show some character, ignore it, and the cookie cutter articles that are surely to follow.

If I had any sense or strength of character, I'd be sure to practice what I'm preaching....:D

Weakness is strength, my friend. The biggest men in the weight room are always the smallest. Never let your inability to do what is pragmatic interfere with the pride of being a tool. Man can't build without tools, after all.

Truer wisdom has probably been spoken.

/nonsense

Weakness is strength, my friend. The biggest men in the weight room are always the smallest. Never let your inability to do what is pragmatic interfere with the pride of being a tool. Man can't build without tools, after all.
So full of wisdom, and yet consummately inane all at once, how do you do it? (y)

Although, we wouldn't need tools to build something like this:
birds_nest_beijing_arup080908_carup_crbenmcmillan_0.jpg

If we hadn't shed our beaks eons ago.......;)

Back