Electronic Arts reveals PC system requirements for Crysis 3

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Crysis 3 was officially announced way back in April following a premature leak on EA’s Origin the week before. We already know a great deal about the title and the storyline at this point and Crytek even offered up some free alpha trial keys last month but one thing that has remained a mystery up until now was system specifications.

Gamers are no longer in the dark on this category as Crytek has revealed the minimum, recommended and high performance requirements for the PC version of Crysis 3. As you likely have already guessed, you’ll need a pretty beefy system in order to play the game with all of the eye candy enabled.

crysis crytek crysis 3 system requirements

Rather than regurgitate the specifications for each category, they have been reproduced in full below as published on EA’s website.

Minimum system operating requirements for PC:

• Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
• Dual core CPU
• 2GB Memory (3GB on Vista)
• Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel): Nvidia GTS 450, Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)
• Example 2 (AMD): AMD Radeon HD5770, AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)

Recommended system requirements for PC:

• DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
• Quad core CPU
• 4GB Memory
• Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel): Nvidia GTX 560, Intel Core i3-530
• Example 2 (AMD): AMD Radeon HD5870, AMD Phenom II X2 565

High performance system requirements for PC:

• Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
• Latest quad core CPU
• 8GB Memory
• Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel): Nvidia GTX 680, Intel Core i7-2600k
• Example 2 (AMD): AMD Radeon HD7970, AMD Bulldozer FX4150

Granted you already have a DirectX 11 graphics card, odds are that most gamers will at least be able to run the title with minimum graphics. A solid mid-range graphics card appears to be needed for the recommended class while a serious gaming system is likely the only thing that will run Crysis 3 at max settings.

The game is expected to launch in February 2013 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Permalink to story.

I'll wait and see when it comes out. I was disappointed in crysis 2, it felt like a console port. I wish they would make it so like to run the game in absolute max settings you need a Graphics card that has not even come out yet. Kind of like they did in crysis 1.

Looking forward to this one! Don't think I will be able to completely and utterly max it but I should be damn close....well maybe, maybe not! My old junker scores a P9419 3DMark11 (i7 930 + 670) and runs Crysis 2 very well at my resolution (1600p) lets hope it doesn't melt playing this.

I'll have to take a wait and see attitude toward this one.

I've been itching for a proper PC game for a good long while now. I hope this one hits the mark.

So wait that's the "High performance system requirements" not recommended? Atleast we know its not cpu depended with the AMD Bulldozer FX4150 or a i72700K

No DirectX 10?!?!?! But it runs on a Athlon 64 X2 5200+.... That makes no sense.

So wait that's the "High performance system requirements" not recommended? Atleast we know its not cpu depended with the AMD Bulldozer FX4150 or a i72700K
What that tells me is the game will use hyper-threading but not 6 or 8 cores. I could be wrong but thats the way I interpret the High Performance values.

Good Thing the System Requirements in not that high :D

I think I'll be able to play this game with my 3 year old MSI GT 160M-Equipped GT628 Gaming Laptop
:DD

This is mostly rubbish.

You can run this with a 560 Ti or later easily at 40+ fps.

They are trying to convince hardcore Crysis 1 fans (basically the entire PC community) that they're going to back to their roots. They're not.

Truth is, the CryEngine has been optimized for consoles, this in turn has caused Crytek to make certain graphical compromises. They offset these drawbacks by adding unnecessary eye candy, such as the blinding (but beautiful) sun rays, extra blur, etc. Even textures look worse. I believe someone from TechSpot wrote a lengthy, technical forum post explaining how Crysis 2 in reality looks worse than its predecessor.

This game is no different.

For everyone saying tht CE3 is optimized for consoles, I want to say that it is true but it doesnt mean that CE3 is worse than CE2.
I think current consoles are capping CE3 true power.
I played C3 MP alpha and I have to say that it looks better than C2 and even the first one atleast detail wise.
now looking better doesnt mean 100% as being technically better. for ex in real life when you see a beach for first time and a desert for first time then most of the people will praise the beach but every effect is same because it is the DAMN REAL LIFE.
that makes crysis look better to our eyes but this doesnt mean that it is technically better.
after seeing the grass in fields C3 trailer I am just amazed with CE3 thats why I am posting in favour of CE3 and C3

"I believe someone from TechSpot wrote a lengthy, technical forum post explaining how Crysis 2 in reality looks worse than its predecessor."
Do you think you could find and link it?

Meh, Original Crysis is one of my top 10 games I've played, Crysis 2 is at near the top of one of the worst games I've played, I've played the Alpha version of Crysis 3, so far thoroughly disappointed but it could all change I guess, I'll wait for the reviews this time though.

Even though my system's in between recommended specs, I still need a little experiment to play it in smooth framerate (preferably 60fps). Can't wait to test it out.

If they start tessellating invisible oceans, trees and clouds in the sky, every concrete barrier and building wall, you can bring a GTX690 to its knees if you wanted to.

I am rather looking forward to Tomb Raider, Company of Heroes 2, Metro Last Light, Starcraft 2 HoTS, GTA V, etc.

Crysis 3 looks just as linear as Crysis 2 is and the graphics are nothing special at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2NuT-zeAvk

Don't care for this game because it's published by Electronic Arts - the company that has the motto "If you are better than us, we buy you out".

Back