Emachines T2885 will not power up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably gonna sound like a broken record, but hear goes:

When I plug in PC, the only thing I see is a green light on the MOBO and hear a slight humming/buzzing sound. No LED's on front panel when power button is pushed. I can get the PSU to power up by jumping power on the 20 pin PSU connector, but I've read that doesn't necessarily mean the PSU is 100% sound. I've also noticed that the some of the MOBO caps near the CPU fan area are bulging and some of them appear to have leaked out a rusty color substance. Of the several threads I've read hear and abroad, it appears that the both the PSU's and MOBO's on emachines have a high rate of failure and should be replaced with better quality components. I've decided to replace both as a precaution and I'm not to worried about the PSU replacement, but the MOBO is somewhat more involved and was looking for some kind of MOP. Also I need to know the replacement part# or equivalent. Any and all advice and/or additional troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Novice PC Guy

ok so, you want to be able to replace the mobo right? not with the original replacement but something that will fit int he case and also fit your cpu in the current mobo. I think I got it.

Thanks supersmashbrada for sharing all the links. I haven't had a chance to look at all of them yet, but will soon.

EJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back