Enable and disable Internet

Heng Sea Hong

Dear All!
I want to enable and disable internet without using enable or disable network in lan network, I want program on and off? have any program?
thank with best regards

What? Is disabling the adaptor too hard? I'm sure there's something for this, but uh... really..?

Or do you want to disable Internet access and still have LAN access?

What? Is disabling the adaptor too hard? I'm sure there's something for this, but uh... really..?

Or do you want to disable Internet access and still have LAN access?

I want to disable internet access at my client PC because have one program it run online but I don't want it to update, If update it will not work any more,
if first start it will auto update when internet not disable, this game is no option to disable auto update.
so every time I must go to
1. My Network Place
2. click on properties
3. right click on Local area Connection click on disable to disable internet access
4. then start game but not log in yet
5. Enable Local area Connection, allow internet access back
6. Log in to enjoy game
so every time I want to play this game I must do this.
Have any program to on and off internet access instant of part 3 and 5?
thank for any reply.
Best regards

You might wanna try making a batch script, that does the following:
1. Disable network interface
2. Run game
3. Enable network interface

Checkout netsh command.
netsh interface show interface ------ Shows available interface
netsh interface set interface name="Wireless Network Connection" admin=DISABLED ------ Disable wireless connection
netsh interface set interface name="Wireless Network Connection" admin=ENABLED ------ Enable wireless connection
start c:\windows\notepad.exe ------ Run a program

You might wanna try making a batch script, that does the following:
1. Disable network interface
2. Run game
3. Enable network interface

Checkout netsh command.
netsh interface show interface ------ Shows available interface
netsh interface set interface name="Wireless Network Connection" admin=DISABLED ------ Disable wireless connection
netsh interface set interface name="Wireless Network Connection" admin=ENABLED ------ Enable wireless connection
start c:\windows\notepad.exe ------ Run a program
Oh thank is not my want!
I want program only click on and off?
I use wire to connect from pc to Hub. now use wireless.

If you have firewall installed, then you might be able to configure it to block that specific program from going online.

+1 to what rabbit posted above.

Go to start and type firewall in to your search box, Block the games connection in inbound and outbound rules using properties.

If you have firewall installed, then you might be able to configure it to block that specific program from going online.
Auto-update can't be disabled. He wants to block internet access only during the update check of the game so it wont auto-update. And then enable internet access after the update check (has failed).

Oh thank is not my want!
You can just create a separate batch file to enable and disable network interface. Or a single batch file to toggle enable/disable network interface.

Oh thank is not my want!
You can use:
Code:
netsh interface show interface
to show what interfaces are available. Just replaces the wireless with the connection you are using.

Auto-update can't be disabled. He wants to block internet access only during the update check of the game so it wont auto-update. And then enable internet access after the update check (has failed).

In that case, have the firewall block inbound & outbound connection for the duration then resume normal operation.

Back