Encountering a variety of BSODs

shadowmkr

Hi all!

I bought my computer a few years back, and it was running well for around 6 months when I started encountering random restarts. Because of this, I tried isolating my issue and started changing things one by one. Things will improve for a while, but random restarts still happen. Last December, I changed the video card to a Radeon one after finding out that my nVidia card had a silent recall and was actually a bad product. Things were okay for a while, but now I'm encountering a variety of BSODs. I get bad memory management, pointer errors, IRQL is less than or something error, among other things. I have tried cleaning my registry, doing a virus scan, doing memtest, updating my drivers to no avail. I ran memtest for 8 passes and things were okay. I still encounter BSODs a lot. However, my BSODs no longer create any minidumps, so I can only upload the last 5 I had recorded on my computer. I am now out of my wits after trying to solve the problem by researching the internet and asking local professionals (who can't seem to isolate the problem either).

Below are my computer's specs and the hardware I use.

Power Supply: Rapter II 500 watts
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8400 2.66GHz
RAM: 2x 4GB DDR2 = 8GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700
Disk Drive: ST500DM002, WDC WD10EADS, WDC WD5000AAKX
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster B2030/B2055 Plus
Network Adapter: D-Link DWA-525

The computer was originally a Gateway DX4822-03. However, some parts have changed while I tried fixing it to no avail.

Thanks!

Regards,

Francis

Attachments

• 030213-19312-01.txt
    285.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 022713-15350-01.txt
    285.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 022713-17659-01.txt
  • 022313-16177-01.txt
  • 021813-19656-01.txt
Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that fold as a file here... your posted .txt files don't work

Hi, sorry about that. Tried uploading the dump files one by one, didn't think of zipping them. Here you go. Thanks for the help! :)

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    270.6 KB · Views: 3
A Atheros wireless lan card is causing this... Is it an on-board wireless card/driver, that should be removed or disabled? Also the Radeon video card driver is noted in the minidumps

HI! I already removed the wireless card and changed it to a D-Link one though. It wasn't built-in, and shouldn't be on-board since I already removed it...what could be the problem?

Should I rollback the video card driver? I recently updated it while having the BSODs and I didn't really see any improvements. BSODs still occur randomly before or after. Is the hardware bad?

I tend to have the BSODs on start up, after windows loads. Sometimes things just freeze without loading the icons so I have to restart. If it does load though, the widgets don't finish loading, and I have to restart. On the occasion that things all load up, and if I don't get a BSOD in 10-15 minutes, the computer runs fine. If I put it on sleep and reactivate, chances are I get a BSOD. Hope that helps.

Hi, I have done as you are instructed and will now wait and observe my computer. Thank you very much for your help.

Hello! As of today, still experiencing BSODs, however, my computer has stopped writing minidumps so I am unable to upload any. I got the IRQL not less than or equal error. I am also still experiencing slow start ups/hang during starts up, even on boot ups. :(

Could it be possible that I have some hardware problems?

Back