Encrypted USB sticks that can be edited but not copied.

I have thousands of PPT presentations that I want to upload to a cloud based system..

I want to download different combinations of the files to different users and issue them stored on protected USBs with the files that they require.

The data has to be encrypted within the USB..

The users need to be able to edit the files and then present them to their audiences.

The user then modifies the presentation on the USB but they can't copy the files to anywhere or e-mail them to anyone as I don’t want someone to steal the content..

The user can take the USB to whatever machine is available in doing the presentation and it will work as long as they use the USB .

Any solutions to how to deal with the above?

NO. If the file is Editable, then it can be SAVED AS elsewhere (effecting the copy).

If the USB is encrypted by you, then everywhere the USB goes, the encryption tool must be installed and the key known to be able to access the data.

Use another concept:- Store the PPTs on a website and force user logins to access the PPTs.

Thanks for your reply.

May I direct you to a website:-http://www.armjisoft.com/?page=whatsownerguard

OwnerGuard & Owner Rights

· Lock Contents to Specific User, Computer or USB Drive.

· Managing Content Distributions.

· Managing Required Rights for Protected Contents Usage.

· Define High Security Expiration Date or Working Duration for protected documents

· Preserve digital ownership rights while changing or creating new contents from protected ones.

OwnerGuard & User Rights

· Controlling All Owner Rights in User-Side (offline).

· Users will continue to work with protected files just like normal files.

· OwnerGuard acts like a transparent layer for users.

Then if you use the USB link

http://www.armjisoft.com/?page=USBDriveBinding

The company says the following:-

“SB Drive Binding can be used to bind protected files to specific usb drive instead of computer. By using this feature, protected files are accessible on any computer as long as the authorized USB drive is connected.

This brings the maximum portability and ease of use for users as it's fully functional without any installations and even with zero rights (limited or guest accounts) on target devices.

OwnerGuard supports 2 methods of binding.

1. Specific USB drive will be used as a key to access the protected files on any computer.

2. The stored license file is locked to specific USB Drive and it's useless on other USB devices.

3. Removing the USB drive will stop user from working with protected files.

4. No installations needed to access the protected files on target devices.

5. Protected files can be stored on any desired location and media.

So it seems to be saying that

· Users will continue to work with protected files just like normal files.

· The stored license file is locked to specific USB Drive and it's useless on other USB devices.

Very interesting. I still think that if I can edit the file, then I can save it elsewhere.

Back