Endless loop X2 (or why god, why)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched around on here and attempted to troubleshoot this problem with my limited patience and technical skills, but I figure someone on here might be able to help. I'm not looking for a miracle cure, I'd be happy just to know which part is broken, and I'll take it out back behind the shed, and replace it with a sexy new piece of hardware.

So my problem goes like this: i have a 2 year old computer. Intel quadcore 2.4, nvidia 8800gt, MSI motherboard ( i believe) 2 sata drives,

So one day, with no warning or apparent obvious reason, my computer decided to shut down, and then it restarted. This began an endless loop at start up. I could still access the BIOS, but once the screen would make it to the windows XP loading screen, there would be an incredibly brief blue screen, and then my computer would restart. This problem persisted after many, many attempts to play with the BIOS, I gave in, and reinstalled windows on a separate drive. After reinstalling all the drivers for my rig again, everything seemed to be working, and I chalked it up to some OS fluke.

Except it happened AGAIN tonight. Now, I've tried going through the troubleshooting guide on the forum here (somewhere) but I cannot get past the point of Windows start up to even begin the troubleshooting process. I've reseated the ram, cleaned out everything with compressed air. I've pulled out and reattached the video card as well.

At this point, I do not have the stamina to troubleshoot for a year. If anyone has any technical advice I'll welcome it, but at this point I'm more interested in what part do you think crapped out, and how sure you are of it. Motherboard? RAM? CPU? all of the above?! why god why.... I JUST BOUGHT MASS EFFECT 2!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back